New Relic APM Review

Valuable Features

There are many things, but in particular I like the real-time monitoring. We get to know when a specific service or specific URL is failing and not performing. We can set certain delivery thresholds, which, if broken, we hear about it immediately.

Improvements to My Organization

It allows us to monitor in our little part of the company, but it plays a role in the larger functioning of the company because we have our hand in so many areas.

Room for Improvement

Nothing. There’s not really anything I don’t like about it.

It’s generally stable, but last year it was a little flaky. It wasn’t as responsible as it should have been, as sometimes you would lose some things that you’d worked on, but very few incidences. But currently the newer version is very stable.

It's scalable, but it comes with a price.

I used tech support a while back, but I can’t remember if it was a positive or negative experience. We only had a small issue. But they’ve improved a lot in terms of a larger knowledge base and the usability of the solution itself has improved.

No previous solution was used.

I was not involved as it was already set up when I came. At my previous company two years ago, I helped set up, and it was a little bit of a hassle, but it was a different platform (Java). Now it's nodes.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Licensing is based on scale.

Other Advice

It depends on your business, but it's a very useful tool. If you're in the web, you probably need it.