New Relic APM Review

Our operations center can go back and look at trending and history of the applications. They have alerts set up which trigger off of it.

What is our primary use case?

• Infrastructure management
  • Application management

How has it helped my organization?

We have an operations center which uses it quite extensively to manage production. They can go back and look at trending and history of the applications. They have alerts set up which trigger off of it.

I go in afterwards and help do the root cause analysis and troubleshooting.

What is most valuable?

It is a software solution as a service, so I don't have to manage it on-premise.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have storage monitoring. E.g., being able to monitor SANS, specifically protocols, like NFS and CIFS metrics. I have not seen the ability for it to do this and having some way to do this would be awesome.

The stability is fine.

It seems scalable enough. We are always hitting the limit of the number of agents that we have, then we buy more and it works.

I have not used technical support.

New Relic SaaS seems to do some things much better than SolarWinds, which we have on-premise.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try, install it, and use it. I don't have to manage the server and worry about the database, storage, and VMs being up and running, etc. It is always there.

AWS
More New Relic APM reviews from users
...who compared it with Datadog
Learn what your peers think about New Relic APM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.