New Relic APM Review

The product has good dashboards, scalability, and environments

What is our primary use case?

We use New Relic for monitoring and alerts.

How has it helped my organization?

We detect issues using dashboards that we built on New Relic. For example, if our drivers are taking too long to get rides, we usually detect the problem using New Relic dashboards.

What is most valuable?

The user experience with dashboards and the machine learning features are its most valuable features. The dashboards are useful for BI and fraud detection, if implemented the right way.

What needs improvement?

The APIs could be better. I would also like more APIs and features to integrate with streaming solutions, like Kinesis or Kafka.

The stability is good. Because it is calibrated for SaaS, it is transparent for us.

The scalability is good because it is SaaS.

The technical support is good.

The integration and configuration was good for our containers and LAN disks.

The detection piece of it brings us a big return on investment.

Splunk and Dynatrace are the alternatives in the market. New Relic is the solution that our company purchased.

I have used another product at my company called Dynatrace. Though, I think New Relic is better because its dashboard is more intuitive for users. I use Dynatrace at my company because we have a partnership with them.

What other advice do I have?

New Relic is the best choice because the product has good dashboards, scalability, and environments.