New Relic APM Review

Enables you to configure your own dashboard to monitor specific parameters

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for application performance management (APM. We use New Relic to monitor API performance on the servers. It is a safety monitor for the performance.

How has it helped my organization?

New Relic is now the leader in efficiency improvement. We are able to configure our own specific dashboards so that we can monitor the things which we want to monitor.

Some of the parameters in our deployment, which we already know and we want to monitor constantly, can be selected on our own custom dashboard.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of New Relic APM is the dashboard, New Relic Insights. I configured my own dashboard to monitor certain parameters.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the company implement the AI auto-baseline feature which Dynatrace has.

New Relic APM is more stable than Dynatrace. I don't have to upgrade that often. I'll need to upgrade Dynatrece after every few months for any of the new releases.

Sometimes, with Dynatrece after an upgrade to the new release, i.e. if I need to upgrade every half a year, it's not compatible or it has some compatibility issues.

I don't have any issues with the scalability of either New Relic or Dynatrace. They are both quite scalable.

New Relic doesn't have any offices in my country, so most of the time we have to use the web for resources or phone support for customer service.

New Relic APM was recommended by another vendor to our company. The software platform features and the local support of the agency were included in the package.

Those two factors sold us on New Relic APM as a solution.

New Relic APM installation is quite easy and very straightforward.

Pricing is better with New Relic APM than Dynatrace.

I recommend evaluating both New Relic APM and Dynatrace to see which features benefit your company specifically. Dynatrace is easier for getting started with no experience.

If you are a very experienced user and have intimate knowledge of your network architecture, then choose New Relic APM over Dynatrace.

What other advice do I have?

The reason we chose New Relic is the pricing. I will rate New Relic APM an eight out of ten for review. Overall, New Relic is not as good as Dynatrace.

I have to understand my own system and I like the New Relic APM dashboard. The software could be faster and more automated.