New Relic Insights Review

It provides my executives with customer, internal, and vendor usage statistics, but it has a limit of only 1000 records when I run a query.

Valuable Features

The ability to do layered reporting quickly and in real-time on stats is the most valuable feature to us.

Improvements to My Organization

It makes my executives happy because it allows me to provide them with usage statistics. We have three types of users: customer, internal, and vendor. We can see who’s logged on, when, how long, what views they’re using, what data elements they’ve updated and how often, and which features of all reports that customers retrieve and use the most. And management knows who’s doing work and who’s not, and who's doing what they’re supposed to be doing.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to be able to do visual selection of fields, so that executives who don’t enter queries and select what they want, but they’ve already announced that -- all that's now available. The only limitation we experience is with Insights query limit of 1,000 transactions. If there was an ability to do a “true” 4 weeks of transactions either by running Asynchronously in the background and returning an excel dump or by paging/tabbing the 1,000 transactions per window view, it too, would be perfect.

It has a limit of only 1000 records. I can run a query, and it will only give me feedback on 1000 regardless of the filters I use. Some users are heavy users and have more transactions. I’d like the ability to do 10,000.

I would like more than 1000 views.

First time we tried to do dashboard with nested queries, we had trouble getting syntax correct with tags. Tech support was very supportive with three one-hour sessions with my developers. Since then, it’s never been an issue. They literally hand-held them to get them to put the tags within our code to get the right results.

There were no problems.

Other Advice

If you invest in it and take the time to set it up correctly within the application, the sales and marketing information of the product will pay for itself within the first day or two.