OpsGenie Review

Many good features but needs cloud integration and orchestration

What is our primary use case?

We have a monitoring tool called Nagios, and we integrate Nagios and OpsGenie. The tickets flow from Nagios to OpsGenie.

We have automation scripts. OpsGenie has the capability to resolve the tickets if it is predefined. If an instance goes down, then to restart the instance, we have inbuilt scripts. When the ticket comes, like instance down or instance failed, we will configure it back to restart the instance. So, that will happen with OpsGenie. It's an incident management tool.

What is most valuable?

OpsGenie has many features, such as email notification, SMS notification, roster, tracking of the tickets. Automation, like scripting, is also possible.

There are also features for maintaining the history of the tickets and all the solutions related to how it was resolved previously. If there are similar kinds of tickets, we can look at how a person is working on that ticket. If he doesn't have any idea, you can look back at a similar ticket and solve it as the previous person did it.

What needs improvement?

It should have a lot of plugins. It should also come with cloud integrations, which are not that great with OpsGenie as of now. It should have AWS, Azure, and Google cloud integrations.

It should also provide automation, that is, it should open somewhere, like orchestration. Something like the orchestration that ServiceNow is doing. That would be great. Orchestration is the main thing. If OpsGenie comes with stack down feature, not completely but some part of it, and orchestration is there, that would be beneficial.

I have been using this solution for the last one year.

It's a scalable solution.

We bought it from a third-party. They're really good, and they're helping. We didn't face that many issues.

The initial setup was very straightforward. The deployment part took one to two weeks.

Initially, OpsGenie was new to us, so to understand its features, we had a lot of difficulties, mostly on the automation side, such as how to redirect tickets, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend OpsGenie because if you compare with DataDB, the cost is very nominal, like $10 per user. It has almost all the features that DataDB has. It is a good automation tool. It's not only for incident management. You can also use it as an automation tool. It has a good automation environment.

I would rate OpsGenie a seven out of ten. It is a good product, but it needs a few more features.