Oracle Database Review

Stable, has a good user interface, and is scalable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for high transaction services.

What is most valuable?

I primarily use the Oracle Clock feature. For me, it's the most valuable aspect of the product.

The user interface is quite good.

We haven't had any problems with support.

We've found the integration with other solutions to be acceptable.

The stability is great.

We've found the solution to be scalable.

There's a good online community that can help users troubleshoot issues.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be better and more constant at higher-speed transactions. The solution could be more stable and offer more data. In SQL, I find more consistency.

The licenses could be improved. They should examine their structure. The pricing could be better.

The initial setup is complex.

It would be nice to have cloud and on-premises options available. It would be ideal if there could be integration with cloud services.

I've used the solution for a while.

The stability has been pretty good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability is good. If you need to scale it up as a company, you can do so. I have not heard of anyone having any problems in that regard.

We have 2,000 to 3,000 users not eh solution typically.

We mostly deal with large businesses.

We haven't had any issues with technical support. However, I haven't really had a chance to interact with them, and therefore can't really speak from personal experience.

There are lots of communities that deal with Oracle. Typically, if you have a question or a problem, you can find an answer online and you don't necessarily need to turn directly to Oracle support.

The initial setup is not very straightforward. The Oracle manual is complex and the steps involved are not so easy to explain. The initial process and configuration can be tricky.

The deployment itself took about half a day or so.

The maintenance is pretty easy. It doesn't take up a lot of time.

Oracle needs to offer better pricing.

Our first option was Oracle, however, we also looked at Postgres SQL.

There are a few key differences, including the license. They also differ in terms of the reliability of services and the specifications. It is a more complicated process. It is a very very complicated process to customize things, for example.

What other advice do I have?

My company is an Oracle partner and reseller for end controls. My company is a management and service provider.

I'm using three versions of the product - Versions 3, 11, and 12.2.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been mostly happy with the product.

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.