Oracle Database Review

Valuable Features

As we're already Oracle customers, we're upgrading from version 11g to 12c. The most valuable component of the new version 12c is the additional processing power it provides.

Improvements to My Organization

For what we primarily do, we do heavy processing of OLTP and OLAP. We've used DB for some additional success in that regard.

Room for Improvement

The middleware, particularly Oracle Fusion, is what concerns us most and what we think needs the most improving.

We've had no issues with deploying it.

There have been various stability issues so far, but the main concern, again, is the middleware. We're looking for some improvements in those areas.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

We use technical support all the time. Whenever we run into any issues, we open up Oracle SRs. We get responses and we integrate them into our system, and we generally close out the issues successfully.

I've been involved in all of our major upgrades and it's never straightforward. There are always complications because of the complexity of it all.

Other Advice

You probably need to consider some onsite support as much as possible because I'm not sure if the SR process is the best way to go. You probably need some expertise right there onsite that's familiar with your specific firm or agency. It's always difficult if you're just doing SRs.