Oracle Database Review

Valuable Features

The key and most valuable feature of any database solution is its stability. In our experience, Oracle Database is highly stable, which is the best part of it. It's certainly much more stable than Microsoft SQL Server.

Improvements to My Organization

The biggest improvement to our organization is that with ODB's stability, it gives us back our time and attention to deal with more pressing issues. We know that we have ready access to our data with ODB, and that it can be relied on.

Room for Improvement

Although ODB is stable and reliable, to make stable and reliable it has to be carefully planned because it's complicated. You really have to know how Oracle works in order to not make mistakes that compromises the DB's functioning. You have to know what you're doing and you should make sure your entire team is familiar with the documentation.

We've had no issues deploying it. Again, you have to be careful, though, because it's complicated.

Stability is a 5 out of 5. Again, ODB's stability is its best and most important feature for us.

Scalability is a 5 out of 5. We've been able to scale it for our needs.

Technical support isn't perfect. I give them a 4 out of 5.

I found setup to be complicated depending on how it's to be used. For us, it was complicated but we knew what we were doing.

Other Advice

There's a lot more to Oracle, and it's not as simple as you think. It's not like anybody can go and install it because you need to know what you're doing. As a team, you have to go through all the proper documentation.