Oracle Database Review

It allows you to put 253 databases into one instance of Oracle.

Valuable Features:

1. Adaptive Query Optimization - enable the optimizer to make run-time adjustments to execution plans and discover additional information that can lead to better statistics. This new approach is extremely helpful when existing statistics are not sufficient to generate an optimal plan.
  2. Pluggable databases - allows you to put 253 databases into one instance of Oracle.
  3. Redaction Policy - The Oracle Database 12c provides runtime protection of sensitive data. The stored data remains unchanged, while the data to be displayed to the end user is transformed on-the-fly before leaving the database.

Improvements to My Organization:

I have worked on an Oracle databases that processes over 100 billion rows daily as well as provide reporting in a timely manner to end users. Oracle's years of maturity and continuous improvement allows the database to perform exceptionally well especially on Oracle's Exadata hardware.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see Oracle Business Intelligence and maintenance tools incorporate virtual reality interfaces so DBAs and end users could interact with the database.

Use of Solution:

I have used Oracle over 15 years and the database is very scalable, reliable, and well supported.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have had no issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't needed to scale it.

1 Comment
Orhan EripekUser

Oracle database has a much more flexible engineering and architecture than other RDBMSs.

14 February 17