Oracle Database Review

Good support, works well for self-service portals and information systems

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Oracle Database is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We have good knowledge when it comes to Oracle integrations.

There are many use cases but it is most often used for specific software development projects, such as portals. We have some enterprise portals, for example, and it is also useful for self-service applications such as payments or other requests.

It is often used for information systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is a complete product with all of the functionality that you need, and there is no need for any special features.

We have been working with Oracle Database for a couple of years.

We have approximately 10 customers who are using Oracele.

Technical support is perfect.

The installation is quite straightforward. As long as you follow the proper process, there is no problem with it. Typically, it takes three or four hours to deploy.

For security aspects, our customers prefer an on-premises deployment over a cloud-based one.

We have two database administrators who are responsible for maintenance. One is a senior-level engineer and the other is a junior.

Our customers sometimes complain about the price of the license, as it is very high for them.

What other advice do I have?

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.