Oracle Database Review

Helps you store and root through data as fast as possible.

Valuable Features

Oracle Database helps you store and root through data as fast as possible, which is really valuable to our organization. In addition, while I can do everything I would like to with the product, if there is something that is not possible in the current version, you can build your own features.

Improvements to My Organization

The expansiveness of the Oracle Database has been beneficial. You can find more than you could ever think of in the product, which increases business efficiencies by returning information to you quickly and allowing you to do work in the database that you would otherwise have to do in a different application.

Room for Improvement

The product could have more persistent data types, like Boolean and the simple features in MySQL and most databases.

It is so stable that I have this mantra: “If you have not crushed the server you have not been trying hard enough.” I have not crushed it in a long while. It is really stable.

It scales very well.

It is pretty good. They always ask the same questions about log files, so since we already know what they are going to be asking, it’s pretty fast. Most of the time they come up with solutions really quickly.

Other Advice

Do as much as you can in the database. It is the fastest product you can have, when working with data. The product is an eight out of ten.

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.