Oracle Database Review

Some features enable cloud technology. Technical support gets a high rating.

Valuable Features

It's probably one of the rapidly expanding database technologies in the world and has one of the best feature sets that an RDBMS can provide.

There are a lot of Oracle MR features that are pretty much unique in the database world. Some of them are pretty outstanding, especially those that enable cloud technology.

Room for Improvement

Everybody wants things to be faster and faster, so speed is one thing that probably they can improve.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for more than 20 years.

It is very stable; I have not found any issues.

It is scalable; it will meet the company’s needs going forward.

On a scale of one to five, with five being the highest, I would say technical support is around five. They’re good.

The upgrades are straightforward. I haven't seen any issues. It has been getting better, especially with these newer versions; especially with 11g and 12c. Of course, with 12c, it's much better.

Other Advice

When I select working with a vendor such as Oracle, they have to be reliable, with a good reputation. They have to have a good support organization. They have to be cheap, fast and scalable.