Oracle Database Review

The most valuable features are security and stability.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security and stability.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see advanced compression and multi-tenant. We need to have multiple versions of our database. We don't know much about multi-tenant, but what they are announcing about it, seems interesting and would solve our problems. We need more of a focus on compression.

We have been using Oracle database for almost 15 years.

In terms of stability, there is no downtime. The times when we need to shut it down, it's because we want to shut it down, not because the product crashes. It is very reliable.

Scalability is good. I wouldn't implement some features if it weren't stable. We're interested in database in the cloud. We had good results with database on premises, so we want to test the same results in the cloud.

The premier support isn't enough. Oracle ACS is expensive. We would like to train our DBAs to work better than premier support. They know their stuff, but the time response is not good.

The time frames are not the same from our country, so when we open a service request the analyst doesn't know exactly what's going on. He tries to change to another analyst and we have to tell him the whole story again. That is what we don't like from premier support.

When looking for a vendor, I want them to be reliable and to have local support.

The setup was easy. I think it's easy to follow the steps to get it done.

What other advice do I have?

The product sells itself. It's a good product. We had it since version 8. We're currently on Version 12C, release 1, and the product is not bad. It's a good product. It's the support that we have some questions about.