Oracle Database Review

A stable multi-model database management system

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database in most of our prediction environments. We're working on managing most of our applications for prediction and testing and running it on Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's stable. What's good is that Oracle manages the infrastructure. We have got better because they update the server by default or whenever it's needed. They try to fix it server by server because of their own support plans.

What needs improvement?

It could be cheaper and easier to manage. Support could also be better. Performance could be better. Sometimes testing impacts the prediction performance. We have a complex server that serves both prediction and testing. Sometimes testing applies to many other deployments that impact the service provided. It's a problem for our company.

We have been using Oracle for more than 20 years and Oracle Database for many years.

It provides stable services, and we don't worry about that.

I think it's scalable because we're now doing an integration, and we have been providing the capacity required for that. We currently have about 2,000 users and plan to increase usage.

Oracle's technical support isn't good enough. Our own professionals manage some issues.

It could be cheaper. We pay for the license on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Database an eight.

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.