Oracle Database Review

It provides Exadata, the engineered system where you can achieve maximum performance

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Database is cloud ready, not only for the software standardization, but also for the scripting. You can install Oracle Database software, patching, and create/configure Oracle databases in silent using scripts. Therefore, you can easily automate everything in cloud.

What is most valuable?

Performance is the best key value. Oracle Database is suitable for OLTP applications or data warehouse. You can run Oracle Database software on-premise or in the cloud. Also, Oracle provides Exadata, the engineered system designed for Oracle Database, where you can achieve maximum performance.

What needs improvement?

Upgrade is the most critical phase for the lifecycle of a database. In order to be sure that the migration succeeds, you need to be up-to-date. Therefore, regularly install the patchset and security updates.

More than five years.

No. The most critical error was due to a bug on database policies, so selecting it got the wrong results.

No issues.

I would give technical support a seven out of 10 rating.

As of now, I use different database solutions depending on the use case (for example, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server).

It is not complex, but you need to be aware of the best practices provided by Oracle. Therefore, I recommend to read the official documentation before starting a new Oracle installation. Also, be informed of the known issues using My Oracle Support.

If it is the first time implementing, contact a partner or an expert in order to install/configure your Oracle Database. This is the best way or think about Oracle PaaS in the Cloud.

Not in my scope.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner since 1998.