Quest Rapid Recovery Review

Durable and rock-stable solution that can fully restore servers to any platform you want

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution for backing up our critical servers and certain SQL servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Rapid Recovery comes with internal rapid recovery. We can make a backup for critical machines on a disk outside of our data center and it works perfectly. If something happens,  and the machine fails, we can restore it. You choose the time you want to restore and it restores anything.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a 100% guarantee that if it's backed up you will be able to restore it onto any platform you want.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, when we have certain batches for Windows, it needs to be restarted. When it's restarted, the service is configured as a delayed start. Sometimes, you need to wait too long until it rights itself or you have to do it manually.

I would like it if they could offer the solution as an appliance as opposed to a software.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution has perfect stability.

The solution is very easy to scale. We've already increased our usage since deployment.

Technical support is very good and very helpful. They know exactly what the problem is when you call.

We previously used EMC Networker. It was an older version, 8.01, and it was very bad. It was too complicated for us. We switched because the software was complicated, the administration and support were poor, and the price was not good.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment took about two days. You only need one person for deployment. Maintenance is operationally delivered. It means you just restore, and make sure the backup is okay, and you're good. You need one person for maintenance and one for administration once the solution is deployed.

We had integrators assist with the implementation.

The licensing is on a yearly basis and it's perpetual. You can have the license forever if you want to. However, if you want to upgrade, you can't upgrade unless you have a support contract.

The amount the solution costs is related to space. We have about 72 terabytes.

We also looked at VMware. We also use it. We find Rapid Recovery more impressive, however.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model.

I would recommend the solution. Rapid Recovery is one of the most durable and rock-stable solutions. If you ever need to have a system backup, it can be restored to 100% without any issues.

Price-wise, it is similar to EMC Networker and Symantec.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

1 Comment
author avatarTimpa Angaye
TOP 5Real User

I can confirm Rapid Recovery to be a rock-stable solution.