Quest Rapid Recovery Review

Excellent backup capabilities and good stability but reporting needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to back up our critical servers. We have an SQL server, so we use it to back up the data and the services on the SQL server to another machine in our disaster recovery site. We also use to back up our file server and some other critical servers.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is its ability to back up a physical server to another physical or virtual server.

What needs improvement?

The solution should improve the reporting functionality.

The pricing could be adjusted.

The on-premises deployment model shouldn't have a maintenance fee. If there's going to be technical support, they need it to be free or it should be paid on upon adopting the solution.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution has good scalability.

We only really had interactions with technical support during the initial setup of the solution. they responded to our requests and were able to assist us.

We have used other solutions, including NetApp, in the past. It was quite expensive to set up the infrastructure and maintain it which was why we switched.

The solution is complex. We tried hard to set up the solution, and it took us a while to activate. Deployment took a couple of days as we had to leave it and come back until we finally succeeded in implementing it. You only need one IT person and an external consultant for deployment and maintenance.

We used a consultant that assisted us with implementation.

The licensing costs are quite reasonable; they aren't the most expensive option. You do have to pay an extra amount every three years.

We looked at three other vendors but we ultimately decided on this solution because it had the ability to function well with our existing infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

It wasn't deployed for users. It was deployed for backup purposes for our servers. It's just the IT administrator that handles it. It's doing everything on its own. All we do is just supervise to check that it's still backing up our data.

It's a good solution. Most people may just find that it is undesirable to pay per call. I think they charge per call, so you should check your infrastructure before choosing Quest.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

More Quest Rapid Recovery reviews from users