RadView WebLOAD Review

IDE is simple and it's quick to complete the process but the reporting is complicated

What is our primary use case?

We have a web application that accesses the database and so we're testing the responsiveness of both the login and functionality around accessing a patient, which is the database functionality.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that the IDE is simple and it's quick to complete the process.

What needs improvement?

The reporting side of things is really complicated. It's difficult to get out exactly what you're looking for, there are almost too many options. In order to get a report out of it, there are so many options that it almost gets overwhelming.

If it was simpler or like right now, we're having to go through RadView to figure out what exactly we want and we have a meeting with them coming up soon. It's not intuitive to get the report that I'm looking for.

We've had WebLOAD for five to six years and I've been using it for two to three.

It's very stable. We haven't had any stability issues.

You pay for the number of users that you're going to be utilizing. In order to scale up, you would have to pay for additional users, but for our use case, we're able to scale fairly easily.

We have a license for 500, but we're using half of that for our initial workflow.

For maintenance, as far as I'm aware, there's only one person really working on the maintenance of it and we only really have one user consistently using the software. He's a QA person.

We don't have any plans to increase our usage. Even though we've had it for a while, we have a major push to start utilizing it more. I imagine we'll probably be using it and utilizing it across our QA team in the next year. We're in the process of determining whether we're going to keep it or not due to the fact that it is so expensive. That's why I've been researching alternatives for the RadView.

The initial setup was fairly complicated but I think that's pretty standard across the board for most load test software.

It costs $8,600 yearly and we have the Cloud, which is an additional $800. Our perpetual license is $800 and then the Cloud functionality with our 500 users is the $8,600.

What other advice do I have?

The reporting functionality and actually running the load tests are fairly difficult, for a brand new user that's never done any load testing, it's fairly complex. There's a steep learning curve.

In the next release, I would like to have better documentation on how to use the tool. Their support is fairly responsive, so that's a good thing. I would like to have better documentation so that I don't have to go to support in order to get the help that I need. It'd be nice if we had documentation that would allow me to do it myself.

I would rate it a five out of ten.

More RadView WebLOAD reviews from users