Salesforce Wave Analytics Review

Map, drill-down and join features need notable improvement; predictive analysis is good

What is most valuable?

After summer, 2015, the Einstein version came out. I think the predictive analysis is a very good feature, because it exists in other tool I have used, like Qlik. For example, in India, April to March is the financial year. So, if I have data for March through December, and I want to know how what business will be like in the rest of the year, predictive analysis is helpful. Salesforce Analytics has helped us a lot with this type of scenario. Previously it did not have that it, but now that feature is there.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that have to improved. When I want to create a full outer join data flow it is not there. So I have to go to the front end and I have to implement the union of groups and I use SQL as well. I end up having to do lots of coding. We can do a left join but we can't do a right join or an outer join in the data flow, so this is the one problem I am facing.

Map is a new feature also, even though it's not such a mature tool, a mature cloud technology. But not all countries appear in the list. When I need to use India, it is not there in the list.

One further issue is that drill-down is not there. Suppose I have 2016 with four quarters. I want to drill-down into the first quarter to find some specifics. But it's not there.

In the data flow there is a problem with dynamic date binding, it is very difficult with Salesforce Analytics. It can be done, but it requires coding and it takes time.

It seems to mention, all over when we google Wave Analytics, that it's a mobile-first technology. But what happens in real-time, when we create a chart in Wave Analytics for desktop or for laptop, when it comes to a tablet or iPhone or something else, we have to manage the page layout. So, although a chart is there, it's not showing on the mobile device. When a client has seen an extra chart, they also want it on mobile, but it doesn't show on their iPhone. So how can I say that it's mobile-first? The chart should also show in mobile.

Stability is there. They are providing new features day by day. The tool is going to be a mature tool. It's not just like a story tool, it's an immense cloud environment, so it's good. Before there was a smaller data flow limitation, but now they are giving a higher data flow limit so it's good. Stability is there.

The limitation is there. I face the problem when giving a license to a user. They don't want to take the license at that cost. If they don't use Salesforce as their CRM, it will definitely be high cost. So they want a license they can share. But this feature is not in Wave Analytics.

Salesforce is my first CRM and I actually like Salesforce. I never used any other CRM so I can't tell you which CRM is better.

It's not at all complicated.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, I would tell them that it is definitely a plus point if they are a Salesforce CRM user. And the the UI is good. Clients always want better, shiny things like that.

As I mentioned, I have worked in Qlik Sense also. In Qlik there some limitations in creating dashboard charts. But in Wave, you can scroll down and have however many charts you want in one dashboard.

Also, the predictive analysis of the Einstein version is like artificial intelligence, it's great. With this you can predict your future sales and scenarios.

I gave it six out of 10 because, if I compare it to other BI tools, some features are not there, but individually Wave is great. When clients first see it, I definitely know that they say, "Oh, wow!"