Trend Micro Smart Protection Review

Excellent reporting features and a good user interface with very fast packet data

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution due to a recommendation from our partner.

What is most valuable?

The solution is able to detect custom viruses that have been targeted at us.

The solution integrates well with other Trend Micro products.

The solution's interface is good.

There is very good computer visibility and machine control.

The reporting features are very good.

The integration of packet data is very fast.

What needs improvement?

The price of the solution could be improved. For us, this is the most important aspect that could be better. If they could improve their pricing strategy, it would impress us.

The threat response could be a bit better.

I believe I've been using the solution for around five years now.

The solution is stable. We haven't experienced any issues with the stability at all. There haven't been any bugs or glitches. There haven't been any crashes either.

Although someone on our team may have called technical support, I personally have not. I can't speak to any direct experience with them.

For many years, we used Symantec. We were not satisfied with it, so we decided to switch.

The initial setup is easy. We found it straightforward.

The solution was deployed for our company, for the whole infrastructure.

It might have taken us up to a week to deploy it.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We have about 3,000 people in our company, and of that, about 2,800 are on the solution.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

Right now, we anticipate the solution will work well with different vendors. However, this is still a big question for us, as our infrastructure is Cisco, and they provide us with integrations for visibility, connector response threads, etc. At this point, we're considering switching entirely over from Trend Micro to Cisco because we have so much on Cisco already. Our management will ultimately decide on the direction the company decides to go.

More Trend Micro Smart Protection reviews from users