Trend Micro Smart Protection Review

Good AI with an easy initial setup and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement this solution for customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good implementation.

The AI is excellent.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The solution can scale.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more stable and secure.

We've been dealing with the product for a few years. We tend to use it from project to project. It's likely been about three or so years.

I can't speak to the stability of the solution that well. That's something a customer would know more about, as they would deal with it on a day-to-day basis. However, my understanding is that it could be a bit better.

The scalability potential is pretty high. I would rate it at an eight out of ten. If a company needs to scale it, it can do so.

I'm not sure of the exact number of customers on the solution at this time.

I don't deal with technical support. I don't have a clear idea of how they are in terms of the support they have on offer as I've never been in touch directly. However, it's my understanding that they are okay and there isn't really an aspect of technical support that needs to be improved.

The deployment is typically straightforward, however, it depends on the policies the company has to put in place. Other than that, it's not too much of a hassle. I cannot recall the exact amount of time it takes to deploy the product. There's typically a session and then discussions with the client before deployment even takes place, however, it's all part of the process.

As I wasn't part of any technical implementation, I cannot speak to how many individuals are part of an implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We're implementors.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's been pretty well received so far. The capabilities are quite good.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

More Trend Micro Smart Protection reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Symantec Norton 360 [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Smart Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.