Trend Micro Smart Protection Review

Great for smartphone protection, with good stability and a straightforward setup

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that it also protects our smartphones. It's one of the reasons we use Trend Micro specifically.

What needs improvement?

We were considering switching to SentinalOne because it has pre-detection, and Trend Micro does not offer this; it's something the solution should add.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

When we originally started using the solution, we had more users and the solution worked well. Currently, we have 45 users. Once we switch to the Apex version, we'll decide if we'll stick with Trend Micro and increase usage or not.

Technical support isn't bad. We don't need to contact them that often. The last time we reached out may have been a year ago. We typically just contact them around deployments.

Previously, we used Norton. We switched because we're able to use Trend Micro on all of our devices, including smartphones.

The initial setup is straightforward. Deployment doesn't take too long. It may take a few hours, but I can't be sure as to the exact timing as we installed our solution three years ago. You don't need anyone for maintenance once it's up and running.

We pay for the solution on a yearly basis. We pay approximately 100 Euros a year per user. There are no additional fees above this.

I'm not sure if we reviewed other options and which they were as it's been three years since we switched over to this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are currently using (I believe it was the last one), but when we sign on for the next year, we were going over to the Apex version.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

We're happy with the solution and can advise others to use it, but there are other good solutions out there as well.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Trend Micro Smart Protection reviews from users