Trend Micro Smart Protection Review

Affordable licensing, good reporting, and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our organization primarily uses the solution for formalities and as a brand protection antivirus. We plan to start to use it as end-point encryption and USB encryption, as well as to protect our emails.

What is most valuable?

The one PIN reporting is excellent on the solution. Our organization likes that very much.

The reporting, in general, is very easy to understand and is much better than Surface. That particular solution has quite complex reporting that isn't easy to read.

Your workstation doesn't slow down, unlike when you use Symantec, for example.

What needs improvement?

I haven't used the solution for very long, so I haven't encountered many issues using the solution. We're just using it as brand protection for now, and for that, it is working as it should.

I've only been using the solution for about one year now.

The solution has been very stable for our organization. We haven't encountered any bugs or glitches. There haven't been crashes. It's worked well for us and we consider it reliable.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it out further they should be able to do so easily.

We currently have 120 people within our organization using the product.

We've been in touch with technical support in the past. We've been satisfied with their level of assistance and the speed and quality in which they deliver it.

In the past, I have also worked with McAfee, Symantec, and Surface.

The last time I used a Symantec I had a lot of issues where a lot of my workstations become slow. With McAfee updating the product was always quite an issue. Surface had reports, that, for me, were very complex compared to Trend Micro. That's why our organization decided to switch to this solution instead of using the others mentioned.

I wasn't a part of the implementation team, so I can't speak to what the process was like. I have no idea as to if it is difficult or straightforward.

We had a third party handle the installation for us.

Our organization has paid licensing for three years, which averaged about $4.00 USD per user. We've been satisfied with the licensing. It's quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

I've not explored all of the features up to now. I still need to see all of the features implemented first to be able to see if anything is missing. However, as of right now, it's working very well for us.

Other