Yammer Review

Easy to use and comes with a good interface, but controlling the communication could be an issue

What is our primary use case?

We use it for communication and collaboration on specific topics.

How has it helped my organization?

Yammer is an enterprise social software. We have it in our company for five years, but it is not well socialized. A few people in our company use it. We are using Microsoft Teams more.
It is a product that is fading away for us. We may or may not use it in the future.

What is most valuable?

The user interface and the way we can share and search information are the most valuable. It is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The way you want to control the communication could be an issue. It depends on what kind of company you are. We are a public company, and there are some regulations that we need to comply with. Its ease of use can be an issue for a company because anybody can subscribe and use it.

There are many competitors that are overlapping. Since Microsoft bought Yammer, it tends to be in the shadow. It is not put in the front from the service perspective.

I have been using Yammer for five years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We didn't have to contact them for support. We had a call with them from a security standpoint to see if they can improve the way to control communication with external companies.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I don't know about the pricing. Now that Microsoft has bought Yammer, it should be a part of our subscriptions for Office 365.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if it fits the purpose. It is a great tool, but you need to look at whether it overlaps with other tools.

I would rate Yammer a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud