Yammer Review

Enables you to create a group or community. It is hard to search for a specific group relevant to my interest.

What is most valuable?

You can post content in the “All Company Group” in a more casual way. Members consider the content as "for your information", rather than some serious information that must be read.

How has it helped my organization?

It is very easy to create a group/community, but searching for a specific group that is relevant to my interest is quite hard. This is because we do not set any particular policies to describe the "interests" or "objectives" of that group.

It will be better for the vendor to set certain guidelines as to how to create a group name and to provide this information to the other users.

I have used this product for about six months.

We did encounter some stability issues, but they were mainly due to our own system's stability.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a rating of 3/10.

The setup was extremely complex. However, that was because we had heavily customized the project.

We used the trial version before we purchased the Yammer enterprise version. As the feature-set between these two versions is very different, we could not import the contents from the trial version to the official one. This was very inconvenient.

We did not evaluate other options. We needed to use this product along with the installment of Microsoft Office 365.

What other advice do I have?

Yammer is suitable for an organization that has many branches or offices. Most of the users are already familiar with social media communication. The application is useful to virtually make friends and to share information/experiences.

However, the company needs to set and educate the usage policy. This is a system for an organization and not for fun.