Yammer Review

Enables internal communication between different countries and locations.

What is most valuable?

• Enables internal communication between different countries and locations.
  • Provides easy access and low hierarchy: Everyone is able to comment, ask questions, share knowledge, and get to know colleagues.

How has it helped my organization?

• Has brought leaders closer to people: Leaders can share video messages which are more engaging than just faceless email messages.
  • People are encouraged to comment on these messages or ask questions
  • Leaders/managers can respond back

What needs improvement?

They need to somehow enable better document sharing features. They need to provide joint drafting of documents.

In regards to the document sharing and modifying feature, currently it does not entirely work together with the mobile devices.

If the documents are saved in OneDrive, then the connection to Yammer is not very easy to use.

I have used this solution for a little over three years.

There were no stability issues.

At first, we did encounter some scalability issues on some mobile devices.

I would give the technical support a rating of 6/10.

It takes a long time before getting a reply. Sometimes there are language barriers in terms of poor English or when no Finnish speakers are available.

We did not have any other tool before this one.

The setup was very easy. It helped a lot that I participated in the Yammer Community Manager training that was organized by Blue Meteorite.

It is good to know that Yammer is now included in the Microsoft Office 365 subscription without any extra fee.

We looked at the WhatsApp business version, but it was not sufficient. Later, we also looked into Slack. However, we still haven't decided whether we should change or not.

What other advice do I have?

You should exchange experiences with other companies who have implemented this solution. You might also participate in the Yammer Community Manager training as well. However, the exact way to launch Yammer depends on the needs of the organization.