Yammer Review

We use targeted notifications to communicate outages and maintenance windows.

What is most valuable?

• External collaboration with partners: There is a unified way to send updates about departments and the enterprise, rather than sending separate communications.
  • Inbox and notification for updates: This helps to manage messaging to stakeholders in a centralized and contextual way, rather than silo information sharing.
  • Integration with Microsoft Office feeds: Since the enterprise works with Office, it is easy to use along with those tools.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used targeted notifications regarding the outages and maintenance windows to communicate with our stakeholders. This has helped centralized messaging for us.

What needs improvement?

Yammer can improve the effectiveness of its usage by addressing the metrics that measure user trust and perception. It measures the sentiments of posts using analytics and increases the ease of use.

I have used this solution for three years.

There were no stability issues. The product has been fairly stable.

There were no scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 7/10.

The setup was straightforward.

This is a good option for medium to large-sized business enterprises.

We looked at the Slack solution.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a Microsoft Shop, then Yammer has the potential to tie up with SharePoint and address a lot of the enterprise needs, in terms of messaging and content management.