Yammer Review

Easy to join groups of interest and keep up-to-date with the relevant topics. You can only search by words or person and cannot filter by person.

What is most valuable?

Messaging and groups are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

It is easy to join groups of interest and keep up-to-date with the relevant topics.

What needs improvement?

You can only search by words or person, you cannot filter by person plus terms, date, etc. If you are looking for a message that was posted by a certain person two months ago, you will have to scroll back through all of their posts to find it. Thus, the "search" feature needs to improve.

I have used this solution for three years.

There were no stability issues.

The technical support seemed okay. I was not really involved, but from my perspective as a user, it seemed like any technical support which was required was available. The Yammer portal/service had very few outages.

Previously, we were using the company's intranet and emails. Switched to this solution in the hope of better visibility and employee involvement.

What other advice do I have?

It is okay as a company initiative, but it can be bypassed as some teams move to other options like Slack.