Yammer Review

You can join networks outside of the organization

What is most valuable?

Ease of use and the ability to join networks outside of the organization. These are valuable to drive adoption and to collaborate, be informed of events, and developments in related organizations.

How has it helped my organization?

We have set Yammer up inside IFrames that appear on our intranet home page, most content pages, and in all-team sites. This has enabled us to cater to large and very small audiences where they interact and not require a separate application or login.

What needs improvement?

The ability to edit replies to previous posts or answers would be useful. Navigation to different Yammer Groups could be improved. Navigation to external groups could be better integrated to reduce clicks. This is a minor annoyance only.

We have been using this for four years.

There were no issues with stability.

There were no issues with scalability.

No external support has been needed from the vendor. Online help and community support has been enough.

Apart from chat programs and discussion lists (e.g., SharePoint, MS Lync, and IBM Sametime), there hasn't been a similar product I've used at work previously.

The installation was very simple. Just follow the prompts and the setup help.

I haven't been involved with licensing issues.

This was installed when I joined this company.

What other advice do I have?

Undertake a small trial before rolling it out to an enterprise. This will help build interest. Don't attempt to control what gets posted, apart from the usual ethical/legal guidelines and rules.