Yammer Review

Stable and scalable, but doesn't integrate well with SharePoint

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the social sharing of announcements, pictures, and articles related to our sector, among other things.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that anyone can post anything. It's free and people can do it on their own. They don't have to translate to publish.

It's really easy to use the solution.

What needs improvement?

Because we are in Belgium, we have two languages and the program is only in one language. It could have been interesting to have it in both French and in Dutch.

We tried to integrate into SharePoint, but it was not really efficient.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, We had no problem scaling it. We have about 300 users right now.

Technical support is okay. I don't think we've had to contact them a lot.

As I recall, the initial setup was easy. It's very straightforward. We have two people handling maintenance currently.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

I've heard people say that we have lots of tools for doing things that are quite similar to Yammer. People in our organization don't really understand if they have to go on SharePoint, the internet, or Yammer. My advice to others would be to inform people how to use the tools and the purpose of these tools and give their team training.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Yammer reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Teams
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.