Zabbix Review

Open-source, reliable monitoring that helped solve my connection problems

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to resolve connection issues for my YouTube access.

What is most valuable?

I am still exploring all of the features that this solution offers. At this time, I have only downloaded the system log and scripts.

During my testing, the features that I like the most are that it can be integrated with my system, and it provides me with reports of all of my servers. This allows me to know what is going on with my servers.

Also, I can create a script to download all of my configurations.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if I can remotely restart my servers or to know how a guest is doing on the server. I would like to remotely connect to the computer, and Zabbix doesn't have this capability.

I have to use another software such as Emperor to log into the computer to see what is going on with the servers.

I would like to see a RAS integrated with Zabbix for monitoring, also to be able to check the server and to have an automatic display to do what we need to do.

We are in the testing phases of Zabbix. I have been testing it for three months.

We are currently deploying it on my VMware to test the product and see how it works. Once I have all of the skills and requirements, I can process it into a real deployment.

Zabbix is a stable solution.

I am currently the only user in my organization.

I plan to use Zabbix in the future, as it has helped me resolve my connection issue.

I have not contacted technical support. When I have an issue, I research their YouTube channel and watch their videos.

You have to be patient. It helped to resolve the issues.

Previously, I was using the PRTG Network Monitor. It's an expensive solution.

I chose Zabbix because it's a free edition, and I don't require a lot of monitoring. Also, I was limited.

The initial setup was fine, it was simple.

For a proper installation, it can take up to two weeks.

I completed the installation myself.

I installed the server, and then the client on the Windows machine to make the link.

It's an open-source solution that can be used free of charge.

I have not tested any other solutions. I looked at most of the other products, but we have to pay for them.

To resolve a fixed problem, I would have asked the management to purchase the product, which would take time. Instead, I read the review and installed Zabbix directly to resolve my connection issue.

What other advice do I have?

I am also using this solution to help me with writing my master examination. I need to write something about this solution.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate Zabbix an eight out of ten.

2.3
More Zabbix reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Nagios Core
Learn what your peers think about Zabbix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.