ARIS Cloud Overview

ARIS Cloud is the #11 ranked solution in our list of BPM Software. It is most often compared to Signavio Process Manager: ARIS Cloud vs Signavio Process Manager

What is ARIS Cloud?

ARIS is the market-leading solution for professional business process management and modeling. Whether you want to document the "as-is" state of your operations for quality or certification reasons or design the "to-be" in terms of continuous improvement in your transformation program, ARIS is the best choice for establishing a single source of truth regarding all process excellence topics in your organization. It is for any organization looking to digitally transform their business, increase operational excellence and customer experience and ensure compliance in execution. ARIS helps you to make the most out of your processes with Process Mining, Risk & Compliance Management, RPA and much more!

What make the difference?

• The most comprehensive platform for process excellence in the market
  • Easy to use
  • Covers business & IT architecture from all angles
  • Full flexibility and >100 diagram types
  • Customer-driven development based on best practices
  • Strong partner ecosystem

We serve customers across all industries and of every size. Our customers trust ARIS as the market leader for process excellence with more than 10 million users worldwide - from single-user companies to the Fortune 500. ARIS is ideally suited for any organization looking to digitally transform their business, increase operational excellence and customer experience and ensure compliance in execution.

ARIS Cloud is also known as Process Live, ARIS Simulation, ARIS Aware.

ARIS Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the ARIS Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

ARIS Cloud Customers

Philips, Vodafone, Siemens, Coca-Cola, Kiabi, Hermes Fulfilment, ING, Encevo, Weifu Group, Australia Post

ARIS Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ARIS Cloud pricing:
  • "There is a student version of this solution that can be used for free."

EV
Co-owner PZ Africa at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with valuable features but the technical support needs improvement

• "In terms of using the cloud version, if you're somebody who, like myself, has got a lot of experience and understands measures and notations and things, basically it's unrestricted. You can do so many things. You can do your Archimaze, you can do BPMN. There's lots of stuff you can do in there and if you're a good field person and you cause yourself re-using things or whatever, then it's very nice, it's very easy to use."
  • "On an enterprise level, the ability to onboard somebody quickly is cumbersome because it just has too many things in it. It's got something like a hundred or more techniques and things in it."

What other advice do I have?

The majority of the time I've been using a hosted version and not the Cloud version, the Connect one. I've used the Connect one as well. Architecturally they're the same. They still have groups or folders. You still have a screen which is white when you start open and you have to put things on the screen. It's pretty much the same logic except that it's now cloud-based. It's slightly easier, and you can collaborate. I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.
AK
Senior Manager Advisory Services at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Opens collaboration opportunities between team members within the organization where they can submit change requests and navigate processes

• "Aris Connect opens collaboration opportunities between team members within the organization where they can actually submit change requests, navigate processes, and offer comments. It opens up the potential for BPM within the organization. I didn't see such an angle of a BPM portal with any other products. So I would say that's the best selling feature."
  • "If you have multiple tiers of approvals into that update of the policy, or the process design itself, it takes ages to prepare those internal flows within the system."

What other advice do I have?

Don't be fooled by the potential, take it slow and step by step. It's a long journey, to be honest, to adopt a BPM engine. Involve your IT team, don't look at it from only a business design because the tool itself is meaningless unless you combine it with web method. Skew the design and make sure that the business elements that you're designing have actual merit in your back-end legacy; or that you can actually create a certain form to fill whatever gap you need to be filled. Otherwise, it's just a fancy way to design what you can change that into. If you are buying ARIS only to map your…
Learn what your peers think about ARIS Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
501,499 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JH
Owner at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Excellent ability to function in complex circumstances

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is connected to finance, back-office processing in certain areas, reconciliation from various departments with different processes and different data departments.

• "It has proved that it also works in complex circumstances."
  • "Initial setup is rather complex. You have to find a way to isolate the complexity, and find common ground."

What other advice do I have?

It works pretty well but there are also some pieces that need adjustment, maybe it's a little too structured. So you have to learn lots of things, We'd wanted to test S2 models in the business process notation. But you need lots of experience to get into it, and ARIS has proven that it works also in complex circumstances. I might be in favor of some tools which are not really as good as I think, and there might be other tools which are very bad, and I really like them. For now, I simply haven't had experience in the other, smaller tools. I would rate it an eight out of ten.
EL
SC Business Process Owner at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to collaborate with and is user-friendly and intuitive for end-users

What is our primary use case?

We use the latest version because it's the cloud version so I imagine that this is the latest version that we use. It is used in a private cloud deployment. We are in the process of describing the complete map of our business processes and so we are mainly using the parts or the software that enable us to make the description of the different processes. So the tool enables us to describe using the BPMN native language, the different processes that we have in the company. We have about fifteen users using Aris Cloud.

• "It's very easy to collaborate with. It's very user-friendly"
  • "The price is quite high. This is one weak point of the solution."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Aris Cloud at a nine out of ten.
L?
Process Manager at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Can be used from anywhere, with support for UML, EPC, and BPMN

What is our primary use case?

I work in the insurance industry, and we use this tool for modeling business processes.

• "The cloud version has the advantage that you can work on it from anywhere."
  • "The trial version of this solution does not give you enough time to learn how to use it, so it should be extended to one year."

What other advice do I have?

From my perspective, the cloud aspect of this solution is only a way to store data. It doesn't matter if the application is in the cloud or on-premises on my computer. I think that if you use the solution on the cloud, then it takes over your entire life. It mixes with your personal time. The deployment model does not matter to me. I see the forms, and what happens behind these forms doesn't matter. This is the best BPM tool that I have ever worked with. If somebody wants to learn how to use this program then they have two choices. The first is to learn in school and use the free student…
Manager Enterprise Architect - Consultant at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, compatible with multiple devices and operating systems

What is our primary use case?

I began using ARIS five years ago. I started with version 7, then upgraded to version 9, and for the past six months, I have been using the cloud version. This solution helps me to address various needs in my daily work. The majority of the time it helps me answer questions about business architecture by designing business process activities. Also, it answers questions related to the functional level of our software architecture. I have been using a private-cloud deployment.

• "In terms of UX design, somebody who has not had experience with ARIS will be able to use it very easily."
  • "It would be very helpful if this solution were more open and could integrate with other solutions like ServiceNow."

What other advice do I have?

This product offers a smart, digitally-oriented solution that is needed by many large companies in the world. It allows access off-premises, helping companies to migrate to the cloud. It seems that ARIS is committed to addressing the future needs of its customers. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
AK
Senior Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The usability is what we appreciate in this solution to assist us with business mapping

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is business mapping.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved the way our organization does training.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its usability.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more support for architectural diagrams.

Our experience with technical support was good.

The initial setup of this solution was straightforward. It was a "grin filled" implementation.

What other advice do I have?

This product works for us right now. If at some point it doesn't work then we'll end up changing it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.