ARIS Cloud Alternatives and Competitors
Read reviews of ARIS Cloud alternatives and competitors
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Sep 22, 2020
Better than any of the competition for ease-of-use but it is slow and not good with big data
What is our primary use case?We are experts in process analysis for the biggest companies in Poland. Software AG is trying to sell us on their cloud version, but for now, we still using the on-premises version on our server. MashZone is a very simple system for analysis because it connects widgets for object analysis. You do not have to try to develop something in SQL or another programming language. Everyone who knows something like Microsoft Excel, for example, will have enough experience to try doing analysis with MashZone. It is that simple. It is easier to use than Qlik, more simple than Tableau, et cetera.
Pros and Cons
- "The technical support from Germany is very good."
- "Mashzone is the best product on the market for process analysis."
- "This solution is made to be easy-to-use. If you can use Excel, you can use MashZone."
- "MashZone is not very good to use with big data, statistical analysis, or financial analysis. This is not what it is built to do."
What other advice do I have?The advice I have for people considering MashZone is that it is very good for specific things. When you have big data you must buy MashZone with Terracotta, because Terracotta is a second Software AG solution with better memory technology. Only using MashZone along with Terracotta will make the processing fast enough. I think the biggest problem with MashZone is that even though you have a lot of widgets and the system is simple to develop with, it is not a very fast system. It is a very simple system to use, more simple than Tableau in my opinion. But the biggest problem is speed. It is not…
Global Business Process Management Leader at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jan 17, 2020
A Simple and cost-effective tool with responsive technical support
What is our primary use case?We have procured several licenses to perform any process transformation engagements that aid in the normal business processes. The most typical use cases are the automation of the uplink and process documentation is one of the activities. The focus is more on process architecture and internal architecture. Those are the areas and engagements that are preferred. We provide our licenses to our clients to document their processes and create certain analyses. It is done in their environment and then we transfer the workspace into their environment.
Pros and Cons
- "For me, what I find to be the most valuable is its simplicity and the association with Microsoft Office."
- "It is BPMN-compliant but the tool needs to be more involved to get into a completely 2.0 oriented tool. It has a few things but it's not the complete BPMN model."
What other advice do I have?It's on the cloud so it automatically gets upgraded to the latest version. My advice to others always ask questions, which is what I always tell my clients. You should be very observant, especially of why you are looking for processing. If your requirements are completely different from what the tool has to offer, then it will not be a good match and you will be setting up a recipe for a disaster. Look into IBM Blueworks. It is an active light tool and is it a proper architecture tool, which can do a lot of analysis. If you are looking for such a tool then this product is for you. It is…
Easy to use and very basic, but it's hard to manage attributes
Pros and Cons
- "I haven't needed to reach out to technical support the entire time I've used the product. It's very basic and very simple, and therefore I've never run into any issues I haven't been able to deal with personally."
- "To be able to extract a report for business project management notations would be ideal."
What other advice do I have?I'm just a customer. I don't have a business relationship with Visio. For how I use the solution, it's quite good and does what I need it to do. It's unique in terms of drawing processes. That said, it is getting a little bit old. There are other solutions out there that offer many more functionalities and users can work with more information on them. That's really useful. Visio, on the other hand, doesn't have the same kind of capabilities. That's why I'm currently looking for another application to use. I want to be able to export more information from the business process management…
Manager of Process and IT at Phoenix emobility
Dec 3, 2019
GUI is good for collaborating, the linking capability is helpful, and technical support responds quickly
What is our primary use case?We have just begun to fill in the Signavio platform with single processes and are trying to combine them. We do not have a specific business scenario. Rather, we are trying to bring in all of the processes from our other platform. At the moment, we are working from our headquarters on ARIS, but this no longer works for our business.
Pros and Cons
- "The GUI is very easy to use, where you can sit together with your colleagues, discuss the process, and during these discussions you can build up the model."
- "I would like to have the option to select the color of items and subgroups in the glossary because right now it is fixed."
What other advice do I have?We have more than a hundred processes in the write-up stage and thirteen in production. One of our issues is that our colleagues need more confidence in using this solution and publishing software. It is a cultural issue in our company as opposed to something with Signavio's software. Overall, we are really happy with this product. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments
What is our primary use case?Our primary use for this solution is enterprise modeling, providing integration between program management and systems engineering. For several years now, I have focused on building a model for continuous improvement that integrates strategy planning, project management, analytics, process design, and change management that I can implement for clients. Magic Draw provides, I would say, an eighty-percent solution for this capability. More so than any other product that I've evaluated.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the ability to quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments, as well as in the SysML product environments, and converting to files that can be accessed by clients who do not have a system and a teamwork server access."
- "I would like to see the ability to deploy live business process models and capture real-time data (without the need for another product tool) so you don't have to be dependent on other products for this functionality."