Microsoft 365 Business OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft 365 Business is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools. It is most often compared to ManageEngine Desktop Central: Microsoft 365 Business vs ManageEngine Desktop Central

What is Microsoft 365 Business?

Microsoft 365 Business is an integrated solution, bringing together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with advanced security and device management capabilities to help safeguard your business.

Microsoft 365 Business is also known as Microsoft 365 E3, Microsoft 365 E5, Microsoft 365 F1, MS 365 Business.

Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Microsoft 365 Business Customers

Urban Agriculture Co., The Detroit Wallpaper Co., TransBlue Facility Management, Garner Food Company

Microsoft 365 Business Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft 365 Business pricing:
  • "Pricing can vary a lot due to fluctuations in exchange rates and that is not favorable for planning."
  • "Microsoft 365 Business will be good to have if you have a large organization where you have more than 3000 employees. Other cheaper solutions, like Gmail, are easily available in the market."
  • "USD $1,250 annually for the standard package."
  • "Now you can select different licenses, for example, if somebody doesn't need all of the features, it would cost $8 USD per month and if they didn't need the email application then it would cost $6 USD per month."
  • "We do monthly billing, however, I'm not sure what the exact costs are. We may pay around $1,000/month. We started using the Microsoft Teams and we've started doing the conference call feature, so that's another $4 an account and we have a few accounts using that right now."

Microsoft 365 Business Reviews

RicardoPedro
Northern Europe IT Business Intelligence Manager at Adecco
Very stable, great for collaboration, and can scale easily

What is our primary use case?

From an Office 365 perspective, I would say that Teams and SharePoint and Planner are the most used. What Office 365 offers as a package is what is being at this moment used in the organization for us to work. At this moment, we are not so physically in the office. The majority of us are working remotely and across countries, across regions. The way for us to collaborate together and work together was by using more and more of Office 365 components.

• "The solution can scale up or down easily to meet the needs of any organization."
  • "It would help, if, in the beginning, there was an onboarding process to show how to set it up properly or how to set up the things properly, or how to have the support they need or the guidance on how they should deploy it. In some cases, there are things that are not so crystal clear."

What other advice do I have?

At this moment, due to the COVID situation, the majority of the things that are being used in the organization are related to Office 365 products. There was a big expansion of Microsoft Teams, for example, and it's one of the most used components inside the organization. We use it not only for meetings but for other tasks such as importing Power BI reports inside of Microsoft Teams. We have the solution deployed both on-premises and on the cloud. Right now it's more cloud-driven. In the past, there were some things that were on-premise components. At the moment, due to COVID, almost everything…
Danilo Jumá
Director Comercial at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Onscreen help and an improved user interface make this suite an improved standard business solution

What is our primary use case?

I am not a technical person, I am from the sales side and more on the commercial side of things. Our company is in Mozambique and we are the main Dell EMC repair center and service provider. My main use case for Office 365 is really to type documents with Word, to prepare presentations with the PowerPoint, and also to do spreadsheets with Excel. The product in the suite that I use the most is Word. PowerPoint and Excel to a somewhat lesser extent. But I do use all three frequently. We also resell the product so we do deployments for our customers as well.

• "The interface is now more user-friendly than the previous versions of Microsoft Office."
  • "Bandwidth usage is not always the same depending on the network connection."

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the Microsoft Office 365 product to clients. We are able to do proofs-of-concept with clients who are interested and carry forward from there. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Microsoft Office 365 as eight-and-a-half.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JM
Project Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Good product with many solutions but has a lot of bugs and needs some enhancements

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are using Microsoft 365 Business purely as a mailing solution and just for storing the data on OneDrive.

• "Microsoft 365 Business is a really good product. Microsoft provides many solutions like Microsoft Teams, which is useful for Team utilization across the globe, especially in this COVID 19 kind of scenario. If you enable the enhanced security in Microsoft Teams by using the given options, you can eliminate the third-party solutions like WhatsApp, Telegram. You can easily share your communication, which is much better. You can also collaborate. For example, instead of creating an Excel sheet on your local PC and sending it across to someone over email, you can just share it. SharePoint is one of the best tools to be implemented."
  • "There are a lot of bugs, which I don't know how many people have come across. In Microsoft Teams, when you share any screen, I can't see much because the Microsoft Teams Window takes the majority of the space. A task section comes up and then below the screen, a list with the names of the people you are collaborating with comes up. When you have to share the screen, you get a small window, which also depends on the screen resolution of the person seeing it and sharing it. You basically need to have an extendable monitor and display unit to see the bigger screen. There should be a full functionality for changing the desktop screen to full screen. That would really be fantastic. This is surely going to be a critical area. If you see Zoom and Cisco WebEx, you get the full wider screen. In Microsoft Teams, voice quality can be made much better. I think the codex part can be something on which they can work further. In Microsoft Outlook, the GUI is years old, which is boring and makes you want to switch to the postal way of sending emails. They must change the GUI. I am a bit skeptical about the promises that are made by Microsoft. Even though Microsoft makes promises that your data will reside on the servers within your country. I don't think it is so, and the corporate data, the governmental data, and the patient data are still in Europe. In terms of the land laws, even if I have an agreement with Microsoft that my data should not be shared with any other countries, at the end of the day, the data is residing on some other land. So, the land laws of that particular country have the right to have access to the data that is residing on the server of a particular continent. So, the government can intercept the data. That's why I'm a bit skeptical. However, so far, no cases have come up related to this, but one day, it may come up. I hope Microsoft will find out a permanent solution for that. People are becoming more aware of privacy."

What other advice do I have?

Even though this is the year of the cloud, I will suggest that instead of the cloud deployment, go for the in-house deployment. Microsoft 365 Business is the best when your business is growing up and you want to collaborate using these tools. In my current organization, we don't explore Microsoft 365 Business much. If you see the Microsoft product portfolio, our utilization is just 10% as of now, which probably is applicable to most of the organizations. It is being used just for mailing and the ATP. Our administrators haven't enabled anything else and aren't interested. The joint…
JR
Business Intelligence Specialist at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Great architecture, easy and intuitive with a competitive pricing structure

What is our primary use case?

As a business intelligence specialist and business owner, I primarily use the standard apps in this solution. I enjoy the fact that there's a smorgasbord of additional apps that make for great productivity within the business - especially when you realize what all the apps can do for your business.

• "Cost-saving, easy and intuitive"
  • "No assistance with initial setup."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.
Imad Awwad
IT Director at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good collaboration in office applications that are consolidated in a single interface

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for everything, the task, and the teams. It is a collaboration of all of the applications that are found in Office 365, but with one interface in which you can communicate between people. We have some that have been deployed on a hybrid cloud, others that are just cloud, and some that are hybrids with an Active Directory that is on-premises and connected through Windows Azure. It connects to the cloud to sync all of the users from our campus. For email assistance, or SharePoint or for sharing drives, it is all the cloud.

• "You can have conference calls with different parties using video and voice."
  • "The security sites need to be simplified and the technical support needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This solution requires a lot of money. It's a huge expense and it's a concurrent expense. You don't just pay it once, it's going to be continuous and you pay annually. Unless there is a huge impact on the business, then it would be worth going for it. If there is no impact on the business then you can use it on-premises and work with the old office. I would recommend this solution for newly opening businesses that need collaboration and communication that requires the internet but doesn't need a fixed place to work. They should go with Office 365. They are going to pay every year but they will…
Marty Rizzo
President at Northcoast Research
Seamless outsourcing of email servers, very scalable, and overall quite reliable

What is our primary use case?

The main thing we use the solution for is being able to outsource everything in the cloud while having the Exchange hosted. Having the Exchange and not having to manage the server and being able to deploy it wherever we have to is useful. We did have a number of people that traveled frequently prior to COVID. We have a handful of people that work out of their homes in various parts of the country, so having solutions that were accessible via the cloud was sort of a direction we started to migrate to several years ago in the Office 365 environment.

• "The two biggest value adds of the solution are having the ability to outsource the email and not having to manage the email server. It's just seamless. Having the most current versions all around and having things updating frequently by themselves ensures that everybody's got access to the same software."
  • "The ability to manage the updates a little better would be helpful. Sometimes end-users will get a prompt in the middle of the day that they have to update. When there's a new update, then their system automatically starts to reboot, which can be ill-timed. Having a little more control over that would probably be welcome. Notices in regards to updates and being able to manage the timing around them or to be able to do it at off-times would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

We're Microsoft customers. We aren't resellers or consultants. We have a fairly robust version of the solution, although I don't recall the exact version number offhand. In terms of what I would advise other organizations, I would say it's worthwhile and I would do it as quickly as you can because for what you get, it's a really good bang for the buck while being pretty easy to use. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
NK
Principal Architect at Microland Limited
Easy to use and scalable, with lots of new features added regularly

What is our primary use case?

The solution is used heavily at our customer's end. Our businesses involve consulting in a lot of stuff related to accounting and other various business aspects. They are heavy users of Office 365 applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and, of course, Outlook. Outlook is the lifeline of this business. All business communication happens through it.

• "It is easy to use."
  • "If Microsoft could do something about data loss prevention, that would be ideal."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. Basically, you sign up for the service, you get your email account, and then you get access to something like SharePoint, Teams, and other Microsoft services. It's a complete solution within the cloud. The product is pretty perfect. I'd rate it at a ten out of ten. I would say other enterprises should use the solution. A lot of enterprises are using Microsoft 365 because of its strengths and the way new features are released. A lot of customers like us are interested in trying out new products and new features as they come.
Dmitrijs Krupnikovs
Director of business development at SIA BELAM Riga
Great apps with good functionality and an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We use all aspects of the solution, including SharePoint, Outlook, and Office - whole nine yards. We're using SharePoint as cloud storage. We are usually using Microsoft Office. We're using Microsoft Project. We are using Microsoft Teams. We're using Skype for business. We're using Excel and Word. We tend to use everything more than average users are using its capabilities.

• "The initial setup is very easy."
  • "Teams is, in some respects, lagging behind Skype for Business in some telephone-related features"

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. We are currently migrating to the cloud. Most of it's SharePoint, however, it's still a mix of on-prem and cloud. We have to do a complete migration to the cloud eventually. While there may be some open-source tools on the market, we find that you do get what you pay for and Microsoft does offer quite a bit. In general, I'm mainly used to Microsoft and have been happy with it. I'd recommend it to others. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
See 170 more Microsoft 365 Business Reviews