New Relic APM Reviews

rating
Anonymous User
Engineering Manager at Survox
Jun 23 2017

What is most valuable?

It shows us where the bottlenecks are in our code. It was great to reveal where our code was insufficient or needs to... more»

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us keep our customers happy, that’s the bottom line. When it responds the way they expect, they’re happy.

What needs improvement?

What we have we’re happy with, but we’re still evaluating.

We look at what it produces – I don’t look at cost. We look at what you can get from the product. If it’s the right... more»

We knew that we were going to move into SaaS, and these are the kinds of tools we’re going to need to get there.

What other advice do I have?

The ease of use, the information you can get out of it from the very little things you do – you get so much out of it.... more»
Kevin Heidt
Software Developer at Cox Automotive Inc.
Dec 04 2018

What is most valuable?

It is a one stop shop and integrates with PagerDuty seamlessly. The solution is pretty self-contained.

How has it helped my organization?

* It visualizes metrics well and tracks our incoming requests, providing a lot of detail which is useful for troubleshooting. * It can track cross-application, knowing when you go... more»

What needs improvement?

We would like to receive more AWS-specific details from the New Relic Dashboard, like EC2 health.

What other advice do I have?

I just starting using it, but the product is pretty impressive. We are hosting it through AWS.
Find out what your peers are saying about New Relic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM).
304,717 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Luis Miguel Alba
VAP & IT Planning & Optimization Responsible at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Oct 25 2018

What is most valuable?

I think it is the possibility to see the application flow, and gives us suggestions how to manage it. We have a mode we call "influx" where we can see statistics, traffic jams or other important information.

What needs improvement?

I think the APM mode can be improved. In addition, its difficult to have a predictive tool to see how the application would behave in the future when it basically only shows the historical data.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, New Relic is a good tool, and if a colleague was asking my opinion, I would say "Go ahead and use it!" It is a good solution.
Ken Maier
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Dec 14 2016

What is most valuable?

We utilize the APM, BROWSER, and INSIGHTS dashboards on a daily basis to monitor the health and performance of our application.

How has it helped my organization?

The New Relic toolset has become part of our SDLC -- reviewing the changes we made for impact to the production environment. It's been a... more»

What needs improvement?

We really love the INSIGHTS query and dashboarding capabilities. It would be great to see this expand even further with more options for querying.

What other advice do I have?

Don't be hesitant to reach out to New Relic in the pre-sales process to ask questions for help.
11820_DevOps Engineer
Dëvóps Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Jan 22 2017

What do you think of New Relic APM?

APM products are something that needs to be well-tailored to your specific needs and environment. for the project i'm currently working on, we chose new relic after a bakeoff with another vendor. both products were great, but new relic came up on top and we've been very happy with the insights it provides. This review assumes one is familiar with APM and will not cover the basic benefits of New Relic as an APM product. Strong points: New Relic was very easy to deploy and had minimal impact on our environments. Visibility was near-total out of the box and support was extremely helpful in adding the missing instrumentation into the product. New Relic supports a good mix of environments which is important to us as we work with several languages. Support for background tasks...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About New Relic APM

304,717 professionals have used our research since 2012.

New Relic APM Questions

New Relic APM Projects By Members

New Relic APM Consultants

What is New Relic APM?

New Relic is a software analytics and application performance management solution that gives users in-depth data visibility and analytics. By going right to the source, the code, New Relic enables users to develop quicker software, build improved products,and consistently impress their customers. Data tells a story and New Relic interprets what it is telling you.

Also known as
New Relic Mobile
New Relic APM customers

Dow Jones, Microsoft, Nike, Groupon, NBC, Sony, Fox, Adobe, Best Buy, Walmart, and WebMD, Cirque du Soleil, FlightNetwork.com, France Télévisions SA, Hachette Book Group, Hy-Vee, Inc., Isolation Network, Inc., Lighthouse eDiscovery, Major League Soccer, NYC-DOT, New Zealand Media and Entertainment, Office Depot International in Europe, Royal Opera House, Adobe Systems Incorporated, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc., Citrix, Despegar.com, Eastern Bank Corporation, Fox Sports, Globosat, Hogg Robinson plc, iHeartMedia, Jive, Kent State University, Multiplus, NBCUniversal, Ocado, REI, Sensis, VenueNext, Yellow Pages Limited and Zenefits

BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which Application Performance Management (APM) solution is right for you?

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about New Relic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!