Nintex Workflow Overview

Nintex Workflow is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Process Automation tools. It is most often compared to K2: Nintex Workflow vs K2

What is Nintex Workflow?

At Nintex, our goal is to make work more meaningful by improving business processes. With the Nintex Platform, your organization can manage, automate, and optimize your business processes - all with clicks, not code.

Nintex Workflow is also known as Nintex Workflow Platform.

Nintex Workflow Buyer's Guide

Download the Nintex Workflow Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Nintex Workflow Customers

Asiacell, Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, National Metrology Institute of South Africa, Norwegian Olympic Committee, Schnitzer Steel, MT Højgaard, Lippuner

Nintex Workflow Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nintex Workflow pricing:
  • "We pay on a yearly basis. It's my understanding that we pay approximately $11,000/year."
  • "Comparatively, it's expensive."
  • "The annual support costs are expensive."

Nintex Workflow Reviews

Moreshwar Marne
Technical Architect at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 17, 2019
Reduces time spent on manual processes but did not scale with our usage

What is our primary use case?

In our company, we have different deals, each with a small number of workflow processes. They were primarily using email for approvals that followed. So, we replaced this with Nintex wherever possible. Through Nintex forms, we were able to customize these as well.

• "It has helped us a lot, especially during the initial phase of a project where most of the things are done on paper."
  • "We are currently facing a lot of issues with Nintex, and we are trying to move away from this solution."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for mid-scale deployment and mid-scale usage, but as the usage increases, the issues along with it also increase. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Ram Chenna
Enterprise Architect and CTO at Blueray Consulting
Dec 23, 2020
Good support, straightforward to set up, and improves our process performance

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented an end-to-end workflow solution for a private bank for their loan origination system. We have also implemented a claims reimbursement system, and item-level permissions for SharePoint lists using Nintex workflows. For end-to-end approval workflows, Nintex workflows are deployed on the SharePoint front-end servers. The claims reimbursement workflows are end-to-end workflows for approvals of claims within the organization. Those for financial services include loan origination, legal and compliance, and core banking system workflows. Resource management and employee onboarding… more »

• "It has integration with BI and Analytics tools, and RPA toolsets as well."
  • "We would like to design parallel workflows and long-running workflows, along with new features for connecting to cloud-based systems."
Find out what your peers are saying about Nintex, K2, camunda and others in Business Process Management. Updated: December 2020.
454,950 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Steven Berg
SharePoint Administrator at LTCG
Dec 22, 2020
Stable and easy to set up with great visual representations

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for a lot of things. However, one of the main things we use it for is approval workflows.

• "I really like the visual representation. It actually looks like a flow chart, which is nicer than a SharePoint Designer workflow, which doesn't have that ability."
  • "The solution is a bit too expensive. It could be cheaper."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I am using the latest version of the solution, whichever it is. I'm not sure of the exact name of the version. I don't know how the product compares with other solutions other than the older versions of Workflow such as SharePoint Designer. I know that with Online, SharePoint Online, there are other workflow management tools that you can use if you would like to. In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly happy with it.
reviewer1430931
Senior Manager - Reporting and Analytics at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Oct 13, 2020
Often straightforward to set up, but integration, stability, and monitoring need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nintex Workflow for internal reviews between banking groups, and automating the workflow.

What needs improvement?

Integrating with work services is required, and it's an area that needs improvement. Stability needs improvement. From a monitoring point of view, and alerting should be improved.

We have been using Nintex Workflow for almost four years.

Unfortunately, Nintex Workflow is not that stable. We are looking at shifting to another tool.

We have over 200 users in our organization.

We have technical support available to us, but…
Manageder433
Managing Director with 11-50 employees
Jun 7, 2019
Works well in conjunction with SharePoint, but the security features need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We implemented this product for a client. We have done quite a good number of workflows in connection with SharePoint.

• "We were able to meet all of the requirements for functionality that were specified, and we did not experience challenges where we had to compromise on functionality."
  • "The security features for this solution need to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution, and our client is very happy with it. We were able to meet all of the requirements for functionality that were specified, and we did not experience challenges where we had to compromise on functionality. Nintex will give you what you want to achieve. As long as you have the discipline to check at every stage and ensure that you are working towards what you want to achieve, you will be successful. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.