Amazon AWS Review

Aligns well with Agile and DevOps practices to help deliver applications faster to market

What is our primary use case?

We provide services to clients using Amazon AWS and I've also used it for our own applications.

How has it helped my organization?

AWS aligns very well with agile and DevOps practices, as well as and cloud-native principles like infrastructure as code. In short, it helps me deliver my product faster to market.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of features that I really like including ease of deployment, ease of build and release, and also that it is heavily focused on a PaaS or SaaS model. All I have to worry about is my application and not about the infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

One of the problems that I have seen is that some of the products are not as mature as others. For example, their API Gateway is not as mature as Kong, and their version control system is not at mature as GitHub. It's the same thing with their databases like DynamoDB, which is not as mature as MongoDB. Once we have equality in products between on-premises and cloud, this system will be a very good proposition.

I have been working with Amazon AWS for about five years.

As the majority of products on AWS are PaaS or SaaS offerings, scalability is not a big concern. For some of the services, you have to give them notice if you want to scale them beyond certain limits.

I have been in contact with technical support and they are quite good at responding.

The initial setup is not complex. In fact, I would say that it is relatively easy.

The time required for deployment depends on which products are selected. Some take minutes, whereas others can take hours.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering AWS is to try exploring and use it. I think that it will save you a lot of time.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Amazon AWS reviews from users