Amazon AWS Review

A robust cloud solution that's intuitive, user-friendly, and cost-effective

What is our primary use case?

There are different use cases. I have worked on backup and recovery, migrations, created new user accounts from scratch, security and compliance, PCI DSS compliance, and CIS benchmark compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

We are dependent on AWS 100%, and it has definitely improved our organization.

What is most valuable?

It isn't easy to choose a feature as it all depends. For example, there might be a feature for a specific use case. Amazon has many use cases and many deployment types. But overall, Amazon AWS is user-friendly and intuitive. It's also quite secure. The interface is okay and integrates well with other products.

What needs improvement?

The pricing structure can be improved and made more straightforward. There are so many options, and you have to make several choices before confirming the final cost.

I have used Amazon AWS for about four years.

AWS is the most scalable and reliable cloud computing solution out there.

Tech support is amazing.

The initial setup for Amazon AWS is straightforward.

Amazon AWS is really cost-effective. But the number of choices that you have to make can make the pricing very difficult. You have so many options, so it can be quite difficult to get into pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential AWS customers to get the right training for the right solution. The training is, for the most part, pretty easy. It's easier than having a private data center.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Amazon AWS a ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Amazon AWS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.