Amazon AWS Review
The elastic feature allows us to not worry about rising or declining demand.

What is most valuable?

Our system is conceptually very simple. We organized the network to grow. The most valuable resource is the elastic feature which allows us to not worry about rising or declining demand.

How has it helped my organization?

We never assumed we would implement our system outside the cloud. AWS has several features available that we still have to try. The improvement is going to be done step by step, including each feature, one at a time.

What needs improvement?

AWS is in the right measure for now.

However, I was a bit disappointed with the AWS representative for Brazil. I invited him to talk about some strategic agreement to improve the cloud environment in my other work.

I was thinking of taking AWS to the top of the rankings in the Masters program. He dismissed the invitation and told me that AWS was undergoing restructuring and maybe he could talk to me sometime in the future. This happened almost a year ago.

Amazon and KickSIM made an agreement, so the startup could use the AWS cloud for a year, up to 3/2015. After that, KickSIM also experienced use of three additional cloud environments and then came back to AWS in January, 2017.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

All our needs were met by researching the documentation. AWS offers stable resources and abundant documentation. There is no reason to use the technical support frequently.

We did not switch yet. We maintain some minor operations on two other clouds.

The setup was straightforward and the infrastructure is running well.

The way AWS assigns prices is fully understandable and very transparent. Users are free to choose exactly what they need. They receive accordingly and there is no pain at devolution. It is all done by themselves.

We did not evaluate any alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Using this product has encouraged me to broaden my knowledge of the products offered by AWS.

1 Comment