Amazon AWS Review
Makes Maintenance And Creation Of New Clone Environments Easier

What is most valuable?

AWS provides a lot of solutions to design secure, elastic and serverless software architectures.

How has it helped my organization?

More than 30 BBVA Group web pages are working without servers, saving costs and reducing security problems, with AWS services like CloudFront, WAF, S3, Lambda, SQS, and API Gateway.

All our infrastructure is defined in JSON files, thanks to CloudFormation, which makes maintenance and creation of new clone environments easier.

What needs improvement?

Lambda@Edge, for example, it's new and has a lot of room for improvement.

Four years.

It is usual with new functionalities, but AWS does resolve stability issues quickly.

With CloudSearch; the service finally autoscales but in excessive time. You never lose information, but you can't access new data when there are peaks of requests for creation of new documents.

Seven out of 10.

Yes, I used OVH and other cloud providers like Azure or Google. AWS is much better. It is a complete platform.

Required some service, but in general there is a lot of documentation and there are training courses.

AWS is appropriate for professional solutions. For other types of projects it's a bit expensive.

Azure, Google Cloud. AWS is years ahead of its rivals.

What other advice do I have?

Think "serverless". With AWS you can design your architecture, thinking distinct and oriented to events, decoupling processes, solving possible errors, multi-region or Multi-AZ.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Gurudeva Kalledevarpurada BReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

AWS is a great Infra Solution. Need more adoption by businesses.

04 July 18