AppDynamics Review
AppDynamics provides a lot of data. It has allowed us to find critical memory flaws in our application.

Valuable Features

JVM memory monitoring, hardware monitoring, response time monitoring and proactive alerting.

Improvements to My Organization

AppDynamics has allowed us to find critical memory flaws in our application. We were able to find a root cause to a JVM permgen issue by using AppDynamics’ memory monitoring tools.

Room for Improvement

Remove all Flash from the product. Also make drilling down in the response time call stacks easier.

Use of Solution

1 year

None.

Customer Service: 8 out of 10. They have answered everything I have asked.Technical Support: 7 out of 10. Sometimes not as specific as I would like but overall I am happy with them.

Our previous solution only allowed us to see hardware and response time latency, we were unable to drill into call stacks to find the root cause.

Pretty straight forward. Followed the setup guide and was in business within an hour or so.

Implementation Team

In-house

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Setup cost was about 2-3 days of a developers time to install / configure. Day to day cost is we have an extra server that needs to be on to run AppDynamics.

Other Advice

AppDynamics has a lot of information it can give you. Be sure to take the time and understand all the data. There may be critical information that can help improve your application performance.

Get A Guided Tour

Take a no-obligation guided tour of AppDynamics APM that walks you through key features and benefits.

3 Comments

it_user3876ConsultantPOPULAR

Hi. How would you rank the Proactive Alerting feature of AppDynamics? Can it avoid alert storms?

it_user4401VendorPOPULAR

Can you please tell me, if AppDynamics supports mobile devices?

it_user112605Real User

Yes it avoids alert storms. There are cool downs etc.... Yes AppDynamics is doing their best to go full HTML5 in their newest version.