AppDynamics Review

Companies maintaining strict compliance such as PCI can use it since it has a completely web-based interface and there is no client.

What is our primary use case?

It is an excellent product for application performance monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

No visibility from application code-level failures: It used to take a lot of effort, but after we implemented this solution, we can easily determine the root cause of issues.

What is most valuable?

Code-level deep dive analysis and automated application flow service models: Companies maintaining strict compliance such as PCI, etc., can easily use AppDynamics without any restrictions, because it has a completely web-based interface and there is no client.

Use of BCI (Byte Code Instrumentation) is also a key feature that helps AppDynamics to fetch maximum information via Java agents without consuming a lot resources on the application servers.

What needs improvement?

In the current version of AppDynamics, there is a correlated section, where we can see all servers’ performance along with application performance, but network performance is missing. Including network monitoring would provide an end-to-end correlated view of all factors in a single console view.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

Our Customers previously used APM solutions like DynaTrace, TMART, New Relic, etc.

Initial setup was straightforward. Just install the agent; it will discover all of the relationships and communicate with each and every component of the running application.

We evaluated almost all other similar products, as per the Gartner report. AppDynamics is the best fit as an Application Performance Management solution.

What other advice do I have?

Just go for it.

More AppDynamics reviews from users