AppDynamics Review

Transaction snapshots collect the application call stack and SQL statements.

What is most valuable?

It automatically detects “slow” and “error” as transaction snapshots. The transaction snapshots help me find the root cause of the problem. Transaction snapshots collect business transaction information such as the application call stack and SQL statements.

It also captures important information about business transactions, such as method parameters and HTTP information (header, session, and cookie). The snapshots also correlate application calls among all monitoring nodes. It can identify the entry point to help us trace from the first tier to the back-end tier.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helped me to find out if the slow transactions are caused by SQL statements or by external system calls. We also use it to trace the socket leak issue that occurred with the old mobile device version.

What needs improvement?

Adobe Flash Player is a forbidden program in many companies' IT security policies. AppDynamics was using HTML5 to improve its UI and replace Flash Player over the course of the last two years. However, its UI still has some features that require Flash Player as a display interface. They need to update their UI to HTML5 customer can easy to use and optimize UI performance.

We have used this solution for four years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give it the highest rating in terms of technical support. The support engineer responds to questions very quickly and his answers clarify the issues.

Our previous solution did not fulfill our monitoring requirements, so we chose AppDynamics to replace the old solution.

The AppDynamics initial setup is a very easy, out-of-the-box installation.

We evaluated Dynatrace and New Relic.

What other advice do I have?

AppDynamics provides a complete online document. Everyone can learn by him/herself through the instructions provided in that document.

4.2.6
More AppDynamics reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about AppDynamics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.