AppDynamics Review

We are able to figure out problems before the customers find them. It also lets us see how our application scales under load.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is figuring out problems before the customers find out.

How has it helped my organization?

This APM tool has helped our organization to find problems before customers find them.

We are able to see how our application scales under load. We are able to simulate that in the load environment and then prepare for the expected volume.

What needs improvement?

Specific to our environment here, we use .NET and they have more features for the Java platform. So I would like to see all the features that are currently in Java translated to .NET.

The stability of this product is very good. We have experienced no issues with downtime.

This product has scaled well.

Everything was carried out in a timely manner with technical support.

Our sales manager has constantly been in touch with us and given us the resources we need. Even when we do not follow up on certain issues, their engineers get us on the right track and they are really helpful.

We started off with a Microsoft product. We looked at a product called Microsoft Azure Application Insights.

Since our parent company has partnered with AppDynamics, they referred this product to us. Once we found about it, we installed and tested it and realized it performs all the features of the other competitive product we looked at; it may even have more features. Thus, the selection process was quite straightforward.

I was involved in the initial setup along with our team of engineers. It was mostly straightforward. We experienced some hurdles here and there in regards to the mission level monitoring agents. However, we were able to contact support and get that figured out; the mission agents are really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, training definitely helps if you are looking to choose a similar solution. You should start off with some initial training.

There are a lot of nuances and you have to know how to use this product in a manner where it is going to be most useful to you and this is where the training will help. After that, everything is straightforward.