AppDynamics Review

Our developers use it to do performance analysis functions by functions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability for developers to do performance analysis functions by functions, be able to understand response time, and be able to improve code when they need to.

How has it helped my organization?

I can’t really discuss organizational improvements, yet. We're still at the early adoption stage with AppDynamics.

What needs improvement?

The big feature that I would love to see is the ability to extract all the data automatically into some type of a data repository, big data lake, or something where we can do even deeper analysis of the data that AppDynamics gives us.

So far, stability and scalability have been really good. We haven't had any scalability or stability problems.

We have opened very, very few tickets; low numbers. We've been satisfied with technical support.

Initial setup has been pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Get your developers trained as soon as possible. They're going to be the ones who need to utilize it.

More AppDynamics reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Learn what your peers think about AppDynamics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.