AppDynamics Review

We can triage and diagnose problems sooner and proactively tell the teams involved about lags in their performances.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features of this product are being able to monitor the network traffic and know where my calls are generated from and where they are going to. This makes it easier for me to triage and diagnose, if there have been any problems.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been able to triage and diagnose problems sooner and proactively tell the teams involved if there have been lags in their performances, so they could look into them before there are any errors in production.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some more work done for custom extensions. I don't think that there is enough support in that aspect.

We primarily have Java applications and that could be expanded as well.

It's been decent so far, at least since I've been working with it.

We did expand our licenses recently. It has been fine with the large number of servers that we have been monitoring.

We have used technical support. They have been proactive in answering all our queries.

Our company was using other applications and tools previously. However, they wanted a consolidated solution, so AppDynamics did offer a lot in regards to what they were looking for.

I'm not sure of all the tools that they were using but I know that they were using Nagios and GigaStor. I may be missing a few names but there were quite a few. Now we have narrowed it down to AppDynamics.

I was not involved with the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others who are looking out for a similar solution to try this product. However, it does depend on each business individually and what suits its needs; so I won’t be able to get into any specifics.

I personally don’t use any other solution besides APM but there are people on my team using End User Monitoring.

There's always room for improvement in this product.