Arista Networks Platform Review

Good hardware, very stable code, good support, and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

It basically is the switching room platform for both of our data centers. We've got two private data centers in California.

We are fully upgraded, so we are running the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable. It has good hardware and very stable code. It provides good value for its price.

They are a very lean type of organization, so they are very responsive, and they are able to focus more on their platform versus having multiple products out there.

What needs improvement?

Its price can be better.

We deployed Arista in 2019 to replace our Cisco devices.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is really good. All of our data centers, systems, storage, and applications are using it. It is being used for everything that we host on-prem. All of our users are essentially using it.

They've been really good. I actually enjoy them a lot more than Cisco. I would rate them a nine or ten out of ten. They solve issues. I've opened five cases, and I haven't had a poor experience with any of the cases.

We were using Cisco devices. What we really liked about Arista is that they have embraced a more open multi-vendor approach. Cisco is more towards a closed proprietary. After deploying Arista, we saw quite a few congestion issues that we were having with Cisco being resolved.

It was fairly easy.

It is pretty pricey for a networking platform. It is on par with Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We've been happy with it. I don't really have too many complaints about it. They are pretty good about releasing new features. They keep adding new features on their centrally managed platform, which is CloudVision.

I would rate Arista Networks Platform a nine out of ten.

More Arista Networks Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Arista Networks Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.