Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Supports a WhatsApp Chatbot, OCR, and Image Recognition

What is our primary use case?

We are proposing a documentation solution like archived files, payroll, and integrating data between Excel forms and CRM/SAP.

We have a solution for how to digitize archived files into PDFs and distribute them to a dedicated folder. We use Excel forms to manipulate data, then the physical data will be scanned and contains the date, which will be input by the user manually. After that, the bot will execute the process for distributing the file, and finally, will send a report to the user.

We use analytics as part of the result.

How has it helped my organization?

We are not the end-user. Rather, we are helping users to get the best solution out of their business process. Mostly, we are learning from webinars or the AA YouTube channel.

We know that many things can be solved by using RPA, but the con is that the branding image of AA in Indonesia is low. We have to compete with UiPath on a line per line basis, so it will be not easy to persuade users to use AA.

I hope we can get more support for AA to expand in the Indonesian Market.

What is most valuable?

There are many features that are valuable including Whatsapp messages, OCR, and image recognization, but I have not tried all of them.

What needs improvement?

My opinion is that we need to have a video or tutorial on how to implement these features, as well as seeing what results to expect. We are having difficulty explaining RPA to users if we have to. The competitors can present the features more interactively using video, which is better than a PowerPoint presentation. Having this would make it easier to sell to the user, because the market in Indonesia prefers to see the demo/result, as opposed to learning the technical aspects first.

Similarly, they would prefer to see a success story and case study, instead of listening to a text presentation. I think we need to create an interactive presentation that is more creative and gives more proof of results for the process, and lesser in terms of technical description.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for seven months.

I have experience with traditional RPA.

IQ Bot is useful but the price is not friendly. Many users are interested to try it, but the cost is not a good deal when you consider ROI.

The price between distributor and partner is different, especially in terms of the discount. We cannot lock the discount from partner to distribution, so we still have a different price.

We have evaluated other products but we need more time to see the results of our automated processes.

What other advice do I have?

I would love Automation Anywhere to expand the market in Indonesia but I need more support. This is not only from a technical perspective, but business development assistance is needed to grow the market in this region.

A2019
More Automation Anywhere (AA) reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.