Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Improves productivity and employee morale, while improving customer service and helping us to grow

What is our primary use case?

We use it in the field of banking, especially for repetitive tasks in card centers. We use automation with IBM BAW tools.

It's helpful in creating new customer accounts, as we work with other systems that have no API or services to work with. The process starts in IBM BPM and it calls the robot to finish the work by calling other systems like iScore and T24. These add customer details and retrieve scores for the customer, especially when working with loans (personal, car).

We used it in sending and collecting emails to and from different sites.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for repetitive tasks that need a lot of people and consume time, as bots work 24 hours and 7 days.

It helps in:

1. Improving employee productivity, morale, and retention.
  2. While there is some fear that automation will eliminate jobs, the consequences of automation are counter-intuitive: automation actually removes the tedious parts of work and frees up often stretched-thin employees for more meaningful and creative work.
  3. Streamline chaotic processes and workflows.
  4. Increases transparency.
  5. Enhances customer service and delivery.
  6. Drives exponential growth.

What is most valuable?

Recorders and Bot Insights are very valuable features.

In addition:

1. Workload management helps to make the best use of the bots to make sure bots work well.
  2. Concurrent bot executions.
  3. A web-based solution for bot creators.
  4. It is a cloud-based solution.
  5. Dashboards, especially for bot and task monitoring.
  6. The REST APIs help to integrate with other systems.
  7. Commands in the Excel package that make it easier to work with Excel files.
  8. Email package commands.
  9. Bot store.
  10. Run DLL and Python code that helps a lot in working with machine learning.

What needs improvement?

The product needs improvements in dealing with remote servers and providing more APIs that will be used with other systems.

Also in need of improvement are:

1. The AI sense command needs improvement.
  2. Bot discovery needs more work.
  3. Migration tools should be improved.
  4. REST and SOAP services need work.
  5. AA should provide the ability to use custom packages that follow a standard to be imported in RPA.
  6. I would like the ability to use custom cryptography algorithms with commands.
  7. They should improve PDF commands and IQ features to include Arabic language OCR.
  8. The admin user should have the ability to change the tome out of the session.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

Stability-wise, AA is very good.

The scalability is good.

Technical support is good.

I previously used Blue Prism but changed because I found that AA has more helpful features.

Straightforward, installation with disaster recovery approaches.

The vendor team assisted us with deployment and they are very helpful and have a very good level of expertise

It helps to increase the ROI by 25%.

It's very good in terms of cost and pricing.

Hybrid Cloud

IBM
More Automation Anywhere (AA) reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.